The following recipe is Sakkarai Pongal which is the sweet version of Ghee Pongal, Its difficult to make but easy to learn with our free recipe.
|Prepartion Timings (mins/hrs)||40 mins|
Raw Rice - 1 cup
Water - 2 and a half cups
Green Gram Dal - 1/2 cup
Jaggery (Finely powdered) or Sugar - 3 cups
Milk - 1 cup
Cashewnuts - 2 tbsp
Raisins - 2 tbsp
Ghee - 4 tbsp
- First heat the pan and add the Green Gram Dal and Stir it well
- Dry roast it on a medium flame till its smell dissolves.
- Keep the roasted Green Gram Dal aside
- Add Milk to Rice with water and mix it well
- Add the fried green gram dal to the rice mixture and put it inside a cooker
Dissolve the jaggery in water and cook on a low flame till it melts.
- Add the jaggery syrup on a pan and heat it till it becomes sticky
- Add cooked rice and green gram dal on the jaggery syrup with ghee
On the other hand, fry cashew nuts and raisins in ghee
- Add to the roasted cashew nuts and raisins on top of pongal and Stir it well
- Now add the powdered cardamoms, cloves nutmeg and saffron on top and close the lid for few minutes
Mix the ingredients and serve it hot