The following recipe is Ven Pongal which is the spicy version of pongal, Its difficult to make but easy to learn with our free recipe.
|Prepartion Timings (mins/hrs)||40 mins|
Raw rice - 1 cup
Water - 3 cups
Asafoetida (dried latex)
Moong dal - 1/4 cup
Ginger chopped - 1 tablespoon
Jeera - 2 teaspoon
Pepper - 2 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds (jeera)
Salt to taste
- First heat the pan and add the moong dal and Stir it well
- Dry roast it on a medium flame till its smell dissolves.
- Keep the roasted moong dal aside
- Add Milk to Rice with water and mix it well
- Add the fried dal to the rice mixture and put it inside a cooker
- Cook the mixture using cooker and make it whistles at least five times.
- Leave the cooked rice and dal till the steam to escapes.
- On the other hand, heat requried amount of ghee in a pan
- Add the pepper, cashew nuts, cumin seeds and chopped ginger
- Mix well and leave it on a medium flame for a minute
- Make sue you stir the ingredients continuously
- Finally add the cooked rice and dal mixture to the ingrediants
- Add some salt to taste and some curry leaves
- Stir it mix well and cook it on a medium flame about six minutes
- Stir it continuously so that it mixes properly.
- Add 1 tbsp of ghee on the top
- Your hot hot ven pongal is done